Monday, April 4, 2011

Timber Ridge Horse Campground

A few weeks ago I spent the better part of a Saturday bouncing around on the back of an ATV with a huge German Shepherd and wading shoeless in a creek while on an assignment at the Timber Ridge Horse Campground in Jamestown, Tn. for the Knoxville News Sentinel. Before I arrived I had never heard of a horse campground, so naturally I was clueless as to what to expect. It was definitely a unique experience for several reasons. First and foremost were the passionate owners, Lee and Dee, and their awesome German Shepherds. Like me, Lee and Dee had never been to a horse campground either before they bought this place as a bank repossession.

When I first got there Lee told me that "horse people is good people," and he was right. Lee had done a great job making my job as absolutely as easy as possible by notifying every last one of his guests that I would be coming, and every single one was excited and receptive to being photographed. That level of acceptance is not something you experience on very many assignments as a photojournalist. Makes me want to get a horse and go back. Here are a few of the images I liked.

Read more about how Lee and Dee brought the campground from a rundown mess, to the highest rated horse campground in the country.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/apr/03/new-owners-renovate-horse-campground-at-a-gallop/

http://www.timberridgehorsecampground.com/

timberridge#14639


timberridge#14639


timberridge#14639


timberridge#14639


timberridge#14639


timberridge#14639

No comments: